Norman is a Manager within the Forensic Accounting and Advisory departments of BDO Northern Ireland. Norman qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2017 and is an Associate member of Chartered Accountants Ireland. He also has a Diploma in Forensic Accounting with Distinction from Chartered Accountants Ireland.
Norman joined the Business Restructuring division of the Firm in October 2014 having graduated from the University of Ulster with a Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from Queens University Belfast.
Norman has been involved in a number of formal insolvency appointments with considerable experience in Administrations, Creditors Voluntary Liquidations, Fixed Charge Receiverships and Voluntary Arrangements.
Norman has experience working on forensic accountant assignments on behalf of both Plaintiff and Defendant in a variety of commercial and personal cases in the following areas:
• Expert Witness and Dispute Resolution
• Commercial and Contractual Disputes
• Valuation Assignments
• Asset Investigation and Tracing
• Fraud and Financial Investigations
• Matrimonial / Ancillary Relief Claims
• Professional and Medical Negligence
• Personal Injury and Dependency Claims
Norman also has considerable experience working on insolvency appointments for both corporate and personal clients across a range of industries and sectors on behalf of lenders, creditors and financial institutions in the following areas:
• Independent Business Reviews
• Personal and Corporate Insolvency Advice
• Business Turnaround
• Formal and Informal Arrangements
• Individual and Company Voluntary Arrangements
• Administrations and Bankruptcies
• Members and Creditors Voluntary Liquidations
• Compulsory Liquidations
• Fixed Charge Receiverships